discovered in P&G parking lot was employee's child, authorities say
MASON, Ohio -- A baby girl left in a vehicle in the Procter & Gamble
parking lot in Mason died Wednesday afternoon.
Coroner's Office investigator Doyle Burke said the baby's mother, a P&G
employee, left her child unattended in the car all day. She called fire
crews around 5 p.m. to report that the child was no longer breathing. By the
time crews arrived, the baby, a 15-month-old girl, was dead in the back
Although a medical examination of the body has not yet been
performed, police believe the death was the result of heat inside the
"Certainly a 15-month-old is more susceptible to something
like this than an adult," Burke said. "Any time something happens like this,
it's preventable. It's a wakeup call to anyone who has children: Just be
The mother's identity has not yet been released.
"We are aware of a tragic accident that took place on the campus of P&G’s
Mason Business Center earlier today," P&G said in a statement. "Our thoughts
and prayers are with the affected family. We are providing our full support
and cooperating with local officials."